Call for Abstract
You are invited to submit abstracts for the Second Regional Emirates Vascular Surgery Society (EVSS) Conference
Depending on the number of submitted abstracts and their quality, the abstracts will be selected for either platform or for poster presentation. All accepted abstracts will be distributed in the conference abstract book. Only abstracts that contain original data can be submitted. Review topics will not be accepted.
Abstracts submissions are possible until March 8th, 2024 (18:00 Dubai time +4 GMT). Abstracts can be re-edited and modiﬁed until the submission deadline. Any abstract received after the deadline will not be accepted. Upon completion of evaluation an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ email will be sent to each application submitted. The result of the evaluation will be sent approximately 14 days after deadline submission.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
- Thoraco-abdominal Aortic Disease
- Case Reports
- Education & Training
- Vascular Access
- Medical Therapies (antithrombotic, anti-hypertensive, diabetes mellitus etc.)
- Vascular Biology
- New Vascular Techniques and Devices
- Vascular Imaging
- Vascular Infection
- Peripheral Arterial Aneurysms
- Vascular Trauma
- Peripheral Occlusive Arterial Disease
- Venous Diseases (including Malformations)
- Supra-aortic Arterial Disease
- Wound Healing
Oral Presentation Guidelines
- The same abstract and title submission indicated in this email need to be used during the conference and not another topic can fill your currently accepted slot.
- Oral presentations will be for a maximum of 8 minutes with 2 minutes for questions/comments.
- Oral presenters need to send their power point presentation 6 days prior to the conference to email@example.com with Subject: EVSS2024-Presentation-OCX.X example: EVSS2024-Presentation-OC2.2
- Presenting authors should be present at their designated hall 15 minutes before the start of the session in which they will present to ensure enough time to mount their presentations for electronic projection.
- All presentations should be made available in Microsoft Office Power point in a flash USB disk drive or CD. Speakers may not use your own laptop nor use a MAC version. Please ensure the presentation available in duplicate media to prevent bad surprises on the day.
- Presenting authors should be present at their designated hall 15 minutes before the start of the session in which they will present to ensure enough time to mount their presentations for electronic projection in case they do not send it beforehand.
- It is the intent of the conference to provide high quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial inﬂuence or bias.
- A disclosure form identifying commercial relationships or conflict of interest for all co-authors must be completed by the submitting author, if their abstract has been accepted for publication. The submitting author signs and verifies disclosure on behalf of all co-authors. Disclosure information for accepted abstracts will be made available to the conference
- Abstracts should not be submitted if the following applies:
- The abstract contains data that has been published or accepted for publication in a print or online journal.
- The abstract contains data that was presented at a scientiﬁc meeting less than 6 months’ prior the conference
- All authors should refrain from submitting Pharma Abstracts.
- All submitted abstracts must be in English
- The content of the abstract is solely the responsibility of the author. The original abstract is reprinted exactly as provided. During submission, it must clearly indicate the name of the presenting author, who will be considered the contact person for all correspondence connected with the submitted abstract.
- All submitted abstracts need to have the names and surnames of all co-authors, along with their positions in their affiliated institutions.
- The presenting author can be any of the listed authors without affiliations to industry.
- Poster submissions need to be limited to 500 words.
- An abstract must have a short, specific title (no abbreviations) that clearly indicates the nature of the investigation. It is encouraged that the title is set so as to attract the audience and to hint to the conclusion of the investigation.
A well-written abstract typically has the following identified sections:
- Background/Objectives: a brief introduction, which states the problem that you are addressing as well as some background information on the issue. The introduction of the abstract should include a very brief background 1-2 statements followed by the objectives of the investigation.
- Design and Methods: the methodologies, number of test subjects and scientific approach used to conduct the research.
- Results: it is expected that authors present data that support their conclusion. Tables and graphs should include explanatory captions.
- Conclusions: further areas of research and overall conclusion of the research
- Citation: a reference list and acknowledgements, if applicable. A maximum of two tables/graphs/images can be included.
The submitting author must verify that all co-authors have read and approved the submission of the abstract.
Acceptance & Rejection
Abstracts will be reviewed blinded without the names of submitting authors appearing to the reviewers.
The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to the scientiﬁc or clinical value, relevance to the conference, suitability of methods to aims, conclusions conﬁrmed by objective results, objectivity of statements, description of methods used, ethics, originality of work, standard of English and overall impression.
Upon completion of the evaluation of submitted abstracts, an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ email will be sent to authors. Abstract acceptance will be in poster presentation. Upon acceptance of an author’s submission, the following instructions below are applicable:
- The presenting author of the presentation should confirm their attendance upon receiving the acceptance email within one week.
- The availability of any sort of grant for registration, travel and/or accommodation will be mentioned in the acceptance email, without any guarantees at the abstract submission stage.
- Accepted authors will receive one complimentary registration pass that will be assigned and sent up to 10 days prior to the conference.
- Authors who confirm presence will receive a free communication code based on their category of submission up to 10 days before the conference.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement listing the reasons for this decision must be sent to the abstract helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org later than February 23, 2024.